Prevention of prostatitis is a guarantee of men's health, because the potential directly depends on it. To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate gland, certain rules must be followed. First of all, it is worth making changes in your lifestyle: improve your diet, control your condition, practice therapeutic exercises and massage. If the patient is in the process of rehabilitation, then preventive measures include the use of traditional medicine medications and remedies.
Prevention of prostatitis
Preventive measures aimed at the elimination or prevention of prostatitis are conventionally divided into primary and secondary:
- Primary is conducted to prevent the development of the disease;
- Secondary prevention is necessary for patients who have had prostatitis to prevent recurrence of the disease or its transformation into a chronic form.
Prevention includes a number of therapeutic measures that help prevent prostatitis and improve quality of life. To prevent this disease, men must follow a few important rules:
- Healthy food. Dietary revision is one of the main points in the prevention of many diseases. Avoid fatty and spicy foods. In acute use, the prostate mucosa is irritated and fatty foods promote the formation of cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels, which significantly impedes blood supply to the prostate gland, creating favorable conditions for the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Give up bad habits. Smoking and alcohol are strictly forbidden during preventive measures. Cigarette smoke causes intoxication of the body, affects metabolic processes in the body, while ethyl alcohol loads the heart muscle and contributes to circulatory disorders. Alcohol has been reported to be the leading cause of prostatitis in 40% of cases. In addition, alcohol abuse adversely affects the entire male genital system, often disrupting potency.
- See a doctor in a timely manner. The clinical signs of the development of prostatitis can not be ignored. In addition, any infectious disease can contribute to the inflammatory process in the prostate gland. Do not self-medicate with STDs.
- Avoid hypothermia. Inflammation of the prostate gland is often the result of prolonged exposure to cold.
- Exercises. It is important to keep the body in good shape. It is recommended to devote at least 20-30 minutes to sports daily, especially if the man's professional activity is related to a sedentary lifestyle. One of the main causes of prostatitis is stagnation of blood flow to the prostate gland.
- Take medication. If problems with potency are detected, the man should start taking the medication prescribed by his doctor. Drug therapy is one of the most important methods in the fight against prostatitis. At the same time, do not forget about traditional medicine, which has many effective remedies.
A distinctive feature of physical exercise in the prevention of prostatitis is the training of the muscle group around the anus. To determine which muscle needs to be strengthened, you can delay the flow of urine during urination, count to three, and relax. It is then similarly recommended to act without urination.
Such physical exercises should be performed in the first week in 5 sets of 10 compressions per day. From the second week it is recommended to increase the intensity of exercise to 100-150 repetitions per day.
To prevent prostatitis, you can perform other exercises while standing:
- Lean on the floor with one foot and perform wide swings back and forth 80 times with the other. Then change legs.
- Jump on the ground 100 times.
- Spread your legs shoulder-width apart and tilt 15 times in both directions.
Therapeutic gymnastics is also conducted in a supine position:
- Alternately place the legs on the abdomen, then spread them to the maximum width.
- It is recommended to take a deep breath and hold your breath for 5 seconds, then take a sitting position, stretch your legs in front of you and reach for them with your fingertips.
- Lift your legs lying on your back in a position perpendicular to the floor, then go to the "bike" exercise.
- Lie on your stomach with a rubber ball and roll on the floor, leaning on your hands.
These exercises will improve the condition of the body and prevent prostatitis. In addition, it is useful to take a contrast shower - alternately stand under cold water (15 seconds) and hot (30 seconds). Recommended before bedtime.
Therapeutic stimulation of the prostate gland
Prostate stimulation is recommended as a preventive measure. At home you will significantly alleviate the condition with the help of a special massage that restores the normal function of the male genitals.
This massage helps:
- Improving blood circulation, thus nourishing the gland with oxygen and other useful substances;
- Increase in testosterone - the main male sex hormone responsible for erection;
- Increase uterine muscle tone, thus restoring normal urination.
The frequency of prostate massage is determined by the individual characteristics of the patient. If a man has congestive and chronic prostatitis, he needs to do 2-4 sessions a week. When conducting a wellness procedure as a preventative measure, the number of sessions can be reduced to 1-2. If special stimulants are used for massage, then the frequency of procedures per week can be increased to 2-3.
Experts single out several basic methods of prostate massage:
- Manual massage. Prostatitis affects the fingers. This method is mostly used for preventive purposes in chronic forms of the disease.
- Indirect technique is based on compression and stretching of the anus muscles. This technique is used in the early stages of prostatitis.
- Rectal massage through the anus. It is carried out using special vacuum pumps.
- Decoction of chamomile officinalis. Massage with a stream of water should be done for a short time, keep it to yourself.
- Urological massage. This technique is used in clinical settings because. To perform it you need a special tool that affects the urethra.
When performing a massage, care must be taken not to aggravate the condition by damaging the mucous membrane of the anus. Therapeutic and prophylactic measures in the form of prostate stimulation are contraindicated in patients:
- Stones in the prostate area;
- Tumors of various etiologies;
- Acute course of other urological diseases.
Prior to the massage, it is recommended that you undergo a thorough examination to determine the appropriateness of the wellness session.
To avoid prostatitis, you need to follow a proper diet. It is recommended to eat steamed or cooked dishes.
To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate gland, the daily caloric content of food should be reduced. However, it is necessary to increase fluid intake during the day. To increase urinary excretion, it is recommended to drink at least 2 liters, which expels the pathogenic microorganisms that cause prostatitis.
Men are advised to consume 3000 kcal per day. This amount of energy should consist of:
- 100 g of proteins;
- 400 g of carbohydrates;
- 70 g of fats (of vegetable origin).
Also, to prevent the development of prostatitis, it is advisable to add the following products to the diet:
- Beef, poultry and lean fish;
- Soybeans, legumes;
- milk products;
- sea Products;
These products contain a large number of useful micronutrients and vitamins that are essential for the health of the male body.
Usually, for the prevention of prostatitis, specialists prescribe extracts of plant ingredients or bull prostate gland. They are effective stimulators of the human prostate gland, increase the production of secretions and eliminate stagnation processes.
Typically, urologists prescribe medications in the form of tablets or suppositories that relieve swelling in the pelvic organs, which helps eliminate inflammation in the prostate gland.
In addition, adequate intake of vitamins is important for the treatment and prevention of prostate, which improves health and reduces the risk of developing cancer in the long term. Men are advised to drink complexes rich in vitamins:
- A - prevention of prostate adenoma;
- B - improves blood circulation;
- E, K - helps reduce the risk of prostate neoplasms.
An alternative method is to use dietary supplements that can be purchased at pharmacies.
Selenium is one of the most important micronutrients for men's health. It participates in the synthesis of testosterone, normalizes reproductive function, improves sperm quality and also has a positive effect on the prostate.
For the prevention and treatment of prostatitis you can effectively use not only modern medicines, but also traditional medicine methods:
- Oatmeal Decoction. Prepared 2 s. K. L. Unpeeled oats and 700 ml of water. Stew the drink for 30 minutes or more until the beans are softened. The broth is then left to boil for a few hours, filtered, mixed with parsley juice (50-60 ml) and consumed 100-150 ml per day.
- Walnuts have a positive effect on testosterone production. They can be eaten fresh, at least 100 g per day, or prepared in a medicinal mixture. To do this, put one cup of nuts in a meat grinder with one whole lemon and add 1 tbsp. L. honey. The mixture should be rubbed for 1 hour, after which you can take 3 times a day, 1 tbsp. K. L. Also, the nuts passed through a meat grinder can be diluted to 1 tbsp. K. L. sunflower oil. It is recommended to take the drug in this form on an empty stomach in the morning, and the effectiveness increases in case of rinsing the cow with warm milk.
- Ivan tea is an excellent tool for the prevention of prostatitis. 2 tbsp is enough for boiling. Raw and 500 ml of boiling water. Tea should be drunk warm, at least 3 times a day.
- Pumpkin seeds are an excellent help in the presence of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland. They can be eaten fresh or dried. It is recommended to use pumpkin seeds in equal proportions with honey. You should eat at least 1 tbsp. K. L. Seeds.
- Decoction of birch leaves gives an anti-inflammatory effect and also prevents the development of pathogenic microflora in the prostate gland. For preparation: 1 tbsp. K. L. The raw material is poured into 1 cup of boiling water, after which it is boiled for several hours. It is recommended to take the broth in small portions.
- Honey sweat is a good remedy for the treatment and prevention of prostatitis. It helps to improve blood circulation in the pelvis, eliminates the potential and eliminates the inflammatory process in the prostate gland. Take 1 tbsp. K. L. On an empty stomach before going to bed, squeeze a glass of warm water.
The methods of traditional medicine are effective, but can provoke an allergic reaction and exacerbate chronic diseases. It is recommended to consult a doctor before using them.
It is necessary to take preventive measures to maintain men's health. Timely treatment will help prevent the consequences of the disease.